The International Curator in Residence programme at the Fire Station takes place twice a year for the duration of 3 months in conjunction with the Artist in Residence programme. This programme provides the curator with a workspace at the Fire Station, and includes interactive sessions with local artists and curators, participation in Open Studio events, public programmes and organizing exhibitions during their residency.
This programme is open to curators based outside of Qatar. Students enrolled in an Academic programme (excluding doctoral candidates) at the time of the residency are not eligible to apply. This programme is open to independent and institutional curators of all curatorial and research-based practices.
- roundtrip ticket and offsite accommodation
- 24-hour access to a private furnished workspace
- monthly per diem
- networking opportunities and interactive sessions with artists and visiting critics.
- social media coverage.
- participation in Open Studio events.
- public talks and exhibition opportunities
Only one curator is accepted per residency term.