al markhiya gallery, located in the Fire Station plaza, was established to promote and represent a distinctive group of emerging and established Arab artists in Qatar, the region, and the world.
The gallery opened its doors in October 2008 in Souq Waqif, where it remained until 2014. In December 2014, al markhiya gallery relocated to its permanent home at Katara Art Center. It opened its second location at the Fire Station in a two-story modern loft space in September 2017.
The gallery's season runs from September through May, with exhibitions changing every six to eight weeks. During the summer months, the gallery exhibits art from its permanent collection.
Exhibitions at al markhiya gallery at Fire Station include:
- Maghreb: Works from North Africa (2022)
- Abeer Al-Kuwari and May Al-Mannai: Reformulate (2021)
- Faisal Laibi Sahi: Iraqi Chronicles (2021)
- Faraj Daham: Precaution (2021)
- Ali Hassan and Hilda Hiary: Narratives (2020)
- Ala Bashir: Shade of Convolution (2019)
For more information about the al markhiya gallery, please visit their website at https://almarkhiyagallery.com.
Saturday – Thursday: 9am – 7pm